Polygon Cruncher V14 for Autodesk® Maya®
Polygon Cruncher reduces the number of polygons of your objects without changing their appearance. You keep all details even at a high optimization ratio. You also keep texture information, vertex colors, and user-defined normals. You protect object borders, material boundaries, UVs seams... You can optimize taking care of the symmetry of your objects.
MagicCruncher is included and allows an automatic optimization process.
Polygon Cruncher for Autodesk® Maya® includes 3 different modules:
- A command plugin that allows real-time optimization in the Maya viewers.
Select one or more polygonal nodes then type polyCrunch in the mel script editor.
A Polygon Cruncher node is added and connected to the selected meshes and becomes part of the Maya 3D flow.
- A batch process module for generating different LODs from your Maya 3D assets (command batchPolyCrunch)
- A StandAlone application for optimizing your 3D assets that come from various file formats (sketchup, wavefront, stl, lightwave...). This module includes batch processing for optimizing a whole folder.
It also includes the MagicCruncher feature which automatically defines the best optimization ratio for your 3D assets.
Once you have determined the level of simplification you want, generate the normal maps so that the simplified object gives the illusion that it still has all its detail.
With a minimum of manipulation your object and its normal maps are ready to be used in production or can be exported for the web, in GLB format with integrated textures.
Setup and run Polygon Cruncher for Maya
The following video explains how to setup and run Polygon Cruncher for Maya.
Full trial period
Polygon Cruncher includes 7-days full trial period.
Register Polygon Cruncher for Maya
If you wish to purchase a lifetime license of Polygon Cruncher for Maya:
- Click the Buy Now button in the Autodesk App Store
- You will receive an email with your serial number.
- Start Maya
- Create and select a polygon object and type polyCrunch command in the MEL script editor.
- Select Registration and click the Register button from polygonCruncherSettingsNode in the attribute editor
- Enter your serial number in the dialog: your software is then registered.
You can see how to proceed in the following screen capture.
Previous version download
Users of the version 13.x can download the previous version here:
Users of the version 12.x can download the previous version here:
Users of the version 11.x can download the previous version here:
Users of the version 10.x can download the previous version here:
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).