Bonus Tools 2018 is a free collection of useful Maya scripts and plug-ins. After installing Bonus Tools, an additional pull-down menu will be added to the end of the main Maya menu. This new menu provides easy access to a variety of tools and utilities for daily use. Maya Bonus Tools has been organized to mimic the layout of the standard Maya menu sets. Each sub-menu contains a number of related tools. Each of these can be torn off and floated just like standard Maya menus.
Additionally, various modeling related BonusTools are integrated into the standard Shfit+RMB marking menus. This gives power modelers fast, context sensitive access to all modeling functionality contained within BonusTools, without having to break out of your modeling workflow. Simply select a mesh, face, edge or vertex and hold Shift+RMB.
Bonus Tools are provided to you on an "AS-IS" basis; Autodesk® does not provide any direct support in connection with this collection. However, submission of problems and suggestions are encouraged and can be logged through from the Maya Help menu with Report a Problem or Suggest a Feature.
- Window -> Pattern Rename
- Window -> Attribute Collection
Retired (moved to Maya proper)
- UV Editing -> Image Dimming
- UV Editing -> Wireframe Color
- UV Editing -> Check Pattern Size
- Animation -> Bake IK to Clip
- Modeling -> Draw Split / Reduce
- Rendering -> Adaptive Prelight
- Rendering -> Auto Light Maps
- Rendering -> Fur Blender
- FX -> Paint Particle Emitter
- Navigate Graph (We’ve disabled a BT 2017 feature called Navigate Graph due to a memory leak that was causing crashes when using the standard RMB Marking Menu. We hope to fix it in a future version)