The vastSolver is an Autodesk® Maya® plugin that lets you convert any vertex animation into a skin weights and joints animation.
The main use is to compress mesh animations, such as blendshape-driven animation or cloth/muscle simulation, for the use in the game engines.
The vastSolver comes with a compact GUI that lets you set basic parameters (such as a maximum number of joints), and also two additional controls to fine-tune solving of skin weights and joints.
Also, the Maya command is provided: there is a User Guide that contains the command documentation.
On a technical note, the solver implements the iterative algorithm that searches for the best approximation of a vertex animation. The solver is robust to non-uniform deformation (e.g. when a portion of the mesh does not have any deformation). The solver implements the custom solving strategy with the goal of the best results with fewer joints. For this purpose, it features Laplacian smooth skin weights regularization. The user can fine-tune parameters of Skin Regularization to accomplish better results or to produce skin weights that resemble hand-painted weights.
By default, the solver solves for translations and rotations of joints. The user can choose to also solve for joints scaling. This improves the results.
The plugin comes with the User Guide and a test scene.
License Activation Process
To activate the vastSolver plugin follow these steps:
1. After the purchase is completed you will immediately receive a product key by email;
2. Enter your email address (associated with PayPal account used to purchase the plugin) and the product key in the vastSolver activation window;
3. Generate and copy a response key;
4. Go to vidiaapps.com and paste the response key to get an activation code;
5. Enter the activation code in vastSolver activation window and press Activate.
The product key can be used to install the plugin on up to 2 personal devices.