Autonomous HVAC CFD Connector
The Autonomous HVAC CFD (AHC) Connector add-in is a plugin for Autodesk® Revit® that validates and ensures the designs created in Revit are compatible with simulations in Autonomous HVAC CFD. The AHC Connector gathers the required properties from the design elements necessary for AHC app calculations, including heat load calculations. It suggests minimum design requirements according to standards and codes. Lastly, the AHC Connector validates design compatibility and readies the design for AHC. Once the design has been validated and readied successfully, the AHC Connector then opens up the Revit Data Exchange Connector (Revit 2023) for the user to create an exchange from the design and upload it to their Autodesk Construction Cloud® account.
Here are some of the benefits of using the Autonomous HVAC CFD (AHC) Connector add-in:
- Validates Revit designs before importing them into Autonomous HVAC CFD.
- Provides warnings to prevent potential errors while running simulations.
- Extracts properties necessary for design load calculations and identifies minimum design requirements.
- Prepares the design to be AHC-ready.
- Links to Revit Data Exchange Connector for creating an exchange and uploading to Autodesk Construction Cloud.
With this integration, you can easily import your latest Revit files directly into Autonomous HVAC CFD. AHC enables you to design HVAC systems and assess designs using the power of cloud computing and web applications.
- To efficiently & correctly use this plugin, please create your design using the 'Autonomous_HVAC_CFD_Revit_template.rte' template file. After installation, you can find the template file at the location: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ApplicationPlugins\Centre for Computational Technologies (CCTech) Autonomous HVAC CFD Bridge.bundle\Contents".
- Please make sure that you have the Autodesk Data Exchange Connector for Revit installed for creating exchanges.
- For Revit 2024, the data exchange connector is currently in beta and it can be found in the Collaborate tab once installed. Since it is in beta, you will have to manually use it once your design is successfully validated.
- In case you don't have the Data Exchange Connector, you can directly upload the .rvt file to your Autodesk Construction Cloud account after validating with our plugin and creating an exchange there itself.