SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design enables you to perform structural analyses of buildings and member design directly in Autodesk® Revit®.
The App provides for a full Finite Element Analysis and design workflow – from model consistency checks to code checking for concrete members like slabs, columns, and beams. Structural analyses can be performed in 3D – allowing for realistic simulation of the structural stiffness and optional consideration of the construction sequence. Additionally 2D and 3D subsystems can be adopted in combination with an automatic load takedown. Members can be grouped and accordingly designed in Ultimate and Serviceability Limit States. Calculation and design reports will be generated automatically. Results can be visualized and managed in Revit or be transferred to spread-sheets for further processing using the Export to Excel function.
Together with the full support of collaboration features, SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design enables a seamless structural analysis workflow within Revit.
When installed with SOFiSTiK 2020, the app enhances into a Revit interface for the full SOFiSTiK FEA.
The price for subscribing to a single user license is 1700 USD per year or 195 USD per month (all prices excluding taxes). Please read the Software End User License Terms carefully before downloading, installing or using SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design.
Clients who acquired the license directly from SOFiSTiK and not from the Autodesk App Store can download and update the software directly with the SOFiSTiK Application Manager. Contact us for network license options at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further help and support
• Online Documentation and Workflow examples
Functionalities at a glance
• Check of the analytical model in Revit with comprehensive warning dialog and display options for an extended check of the model
• Powerful automatic meshing with advanced tolerance settings (eg. to ignore small openings)
• Advanced structural modeling within Revit with for instance: downstand beam, haunched beam, release for slab-to-wall edges
• Perform 3D linear structural analysis directly in Revit using the Finite Element Method
• Advanced calculation options such as construction phases for self weight
• Generate 3D and 2D Finite Elements subsystems with automatic support conditions using Revit levels or by manual selection
• Calculate the vertical load takedown between level subsystems
• Ensure code compliant materials, cross sections and load combinations with the automatic and customizable mapping mechanism
• Manage and Design reinforced concrete elements to the Eurocodes within Autodesk Revit (slabs, columns, beams e.g. to DIN EN 1992)
• Results directly available in Revit as Results Packages or ready to share via the Export to Excel tool
• All information is saved in the *.rvt file ensuring full support of collaboration workflows
New Features of Version 2020
• A dedicated Dynamo package ‘SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design’ is available on the Dynamo Package Manager allowing to control the calculation process in Revit and to extract analysis results and other data from a SOFiSTiK database.
• New command ‘Filter Loads’ enables checking and selective display of Revit loads in the model.
• SOFiSTiK Structural Properties are now available for Revit Boundary Condition elements
• User defined assignment of SOFiSTiK structural element numbers is now possible for analytical models.
• Structural point numbers can now be assigned to analytical nodes allowing to easily identify these points later.
• A new Structural Property enables the definition of Cables and Truss elements in the model.
• A new command ‘SOFiSTiK Data Management’ allows to control, adjust and purge SOFiSTiK related information like sections and materials saved in the Revit file.
• The user can now set the folder to be used as a working directory for all SOFiSTiK-related files of the project
• Changing the data source of a design group (e.g. main or subsystem) is now possible by right mouse click on the Design Browser
• The calculation and design reports (*.plb files) can be exported as Word (*.docx) files
• The results preview of the column design dialog now displays the reinforcement ratio.
See the complete list of SOFiSTiK Analysis + Design new features and changes in the Release Notes.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).