The referenceInspector combines the "Uses" and "Where Used" tab of Autodesk® Vault®.
When a document is selected in Vault the referenceInspector provides an additional tab "referenceInspector". This tab displays in the left window the references (Uses) of the document. On the right side the documents are displayed in which the selected document is used (Where Used).
So, if you have selected a component in the left window of the referenceInspector you can see the assemblies and drawings where this component is used, without jumping back and forth in different Vault tabs.
On the context menu you find the following commands:
- Go To Folder: Like the Vault’s Go To Folder menu, clicking this will bring the folder in the Navigation pane in focus in which the file belongs to. If the folder selected in the Navigation pane is the one that is currently selected, then nothing will happen.
- Go To File: Again like the Vault’s Go To File menu, clicking this will select the file in the Vault explorer area above. This will trigger a refresh and the tab will be filled with the context of current selection.
- Go To Working Folder: Go To Working Folder also works similar to the one that is available in Vault. Clicking this menu will open the corresponding working folder. It will be created and opened if it does not exist before.
- Expand All: Available only for referenceInspector. By clicking this menu for a selected node, all the children nodes will be expanded.
- Collapse All: Available only for referenceInspector. By clicking this menu for a selected node, all the children nodes will be collapsed.