Dali Renderer is a fast, CPU-only AVX-optimized spectral Unidirectional Path Tracer. The classic simplicity of unidirectional Path Tracing allows Dali Renderer to remain fast, and the unique, previously unknown REDS algorithm in conjunction with Path Guiding technology allows efficient rendering of scenes with surface and volumetric caustics. Dali Renderer can work in two modes: RGB or Spectral. In spectral mode, it uses AVX-optimized HERO Wavelength extension for continuous spectrum.
It delivers predictable, reliable, and physically accurate results.
Main properties of Dali Renderer:
- It is progressive and uses high-quality blue noise dithered sampling.
- It can work in two modes: RGB and Spectral. In spectral mode, uses HERO Wavelength extension for continuous spectrum.
- Uses adaptation for noise reduction: adaptation for noise of the final image, adaptation for spectrum, adaptation in time for Motion Blur.
- Supports Path Guiding.
- Supports adaptation of light sources.
- Supports Deformation Motion Blur and Object Motion Blur. For object coordinates, it uses full original track composition based on a graph of spline keys, which completely eliminates rendering artifacts for fast-moving or rotating objects.
- Supports Depth of Field with a wide range of settings, including shape-based shutter and a variety of camera types, including spherical and fish-eye.
- Supports cat-eye effects, spherical focus surfaces, explicitly defined and animated focus surfaces for advanced photographic effects.
- Stereo Rendering in three modes.
- Volumetric Medium rendering based on the improved Decomposition Spectral Tracking. Supports optimized volumetric emissive emitters. Supports direct rendering of spherical particles with arbitrary foam material.
- Supports Mie phase function for physically correct calculation of atmospheric effects in spectral mode: rainbows in rain clouds, halos, colorless rainbows in fogs.
- Advanced AOV system
- A unique and previously unknown REDS algorithm for rare events, such as surface and volumetric caustics.
- Linear and elliptical anisotropic sampling of textures. Support for UDIM texture coordinates. Stochastic tiling to reduce patterns.
- An integrated system of nested dielectrics and volumes (Nesting Dielectrics).
- Support for OpenSubdiv and adaptive screen-space subdivision.
- Displacement maps can be one-dimensional and 3d-vector-based.
- Basic Active Shade support.
- Unique Fire Flies removal system.
- Intel Open Image Denoising.
- Standard Physical Material from Autodesk® 3ds Max®.
- Support for the direct drawing of spline segments for fur and hair. Ability to render textured elliptical hairs with spline-variable diameter.