This plugin complements (and in the future will be able to completely replace) the AutoCAD/BricsCAD properties panel. Having opened a new palette of properties A>V>C> you will see that a new line has appeared in the properties of any drawing object: Name. Previously, only blocks had names. Now the name is in the polylines, solid, meshes, regions, and everything. And you can edit the name directly in the property editor. Including blocks. And many more useful properties will be added to drawing objects.
Previously, these functions were performed by the Names plugin. Now it is not relevant, use the A>V>C> Properties Palette instead.
What is this for?
Initially, the plugin was created for the convenience of working with other plugins Lay and Sawing Table (Saw), where there is a need for naming details. But you can adapt the names for any of your purposes. Now you have a place to store any information about any entity. In addition, the program can:
- It does not lump the properties of different objects into one heap but shows the properties of each type of object on separate tabs.
- Adds a couple of text fields to the properties of all objects: Kind and Description (=Info). Just in case.
- And you can order additional text properties according to the needs of your production. Development of each property - 50 Euro.
- Adds two properties of the Yes/No type to the properties of solids: Sweep and Mirror. These properties use the Plugins Lay and Sawing Table, but you can use them for your own purposes.
- Adds the Texture property to the properties of solids, which takes the value No / Along / Across. This is used for parts with a pattern such as wood fibers.
- New properties of solids and materials are stored in their xData and are copied along with them even when copied to another file (except for the Metric).
- Adds an entire calculation section to the properties of solids. In it, you will see the Metric of the solid, that is, all the dimensions of the part. This is great for finding parts of the same size. Moreover, the size does not depend on how the part is deployed in space.
- You will be able to see the angles of inclination of the ends of the part, assign covering materials to surfaces, and banding to edges.
- The palette tracks your mouse movements and highlights the faces of the solid as you move the cursor over the coverage and edge fields on the Solid Metrics tab.
- Adds properties to materials - you can adjust the density, price, and other properties of materials. After that, it will become possible to calculate the weight and cost of the parts (when calculating the metric)
- Shows the total length, area, volume, weight, and price.
- Allows you to edit the format of the Smart Leader, the contents of single-line and multi-line texts, sizes, and styles of tables.
- For the convenience of entering long texts, you can open separate panels for the Name, Kind, and Info properties.
- Palette A>V>C> allows you to conveniently edit the names and descriptions of blocks.
- The palette allows you to edit the attributes and parameters of the blocks, and create new invisible attributes.
- You can edit all layer properties directly in this palette without opening a separate dialog. You can assign a layer of material.
- Through the Drawing Tree palette, you can select groups and edit their name and description.
- Allows you to calculate mathematical expressions directly in the input fields without opening the calculator.
- Regardless of the AutoCAD language, you can switch the plugin's dialogs and messages into the following languages: English, German, Italian, Russian, and Chinese.
The plugin has several settings of its own, and in addition, its work is affected by the A>V>C> Common Options.
If you develop your plugins or programs in LISP, then you can read all the data displayed in this palette. All this data is stored in xData ("extended data") solids and other objects.