The COINS Auto-Section Box tool gives you tremendous speed and agility over managing three-dimensional views when analyzing model areas of particular interest. It allows you to quickly create temporary and permanent views to be used for immediate interrogation of the model or for construction document deliverables. This works by allowing you to focus on the model instead of managing views or a view’s properties.
Although Autodesk® Revit® has built-in support for creating section boxes from elements, the COINS Auto-Section Box improves on this with the following time-saving features:
- Works with elements in linked files.
- Special handling of grids, section lines, elevation markers, levels, scope boxes, dimensions, and tags.
- Option to create new views.
- Toggle the section box on and off to gain a better understanding of the selection within the context of the whole model.
- Option to arrange the original selection view and the 3d view side-by-side.
- Align section box to walls, members, or other line-based geometry.
- Works in Autodesk® Revit® 2013-2015 as well as Autodesk® Revit® 2016-2022.
Click here for a video showing the top 5 uses.
Note: This app uses a custom installer (and not the standard App Store installer).